WE DO IT FOR THE CULTURE.
Haitian Kings of New York, a.k.a H.K.N.Y, established in 2007, are a band of brothers who are taste makers and trendsetters in their own right, led by Lovens Gedin, aka Dj Stakz. They all saw the need to fill the void with amazing events, which was lacking among the urban Haitian-American demographic. They brought the cool back to Kompas parties and have't looked back since.
May is Haitian Heritage Month, during the third weekend in Miami. It is celebrated with concerts parties and festivals honoring the Haitian and Haitian American culture.
For the past few years, HKNY has brought a new element to what is called Kompas Fest to now be known as the "HKNY Miami Take Over Weekend". From May 17th- May 21st, they offer an action packed sell out weekend with events drawing over 10,000 patrons.
1) Thursday 5/17: Hello Miami Welcome event for the HKNY Take Over Weekend
2) Friday 5/18: The All White Yacht Party (Evening) This event was sold out within minutes last year that another boat had to be added
3) Friday 5/18: The All-White Bash (Evening)
4) Monday 5/19: The Bad & Boujee Brunch (Morning)
5) Saturday 5/19: Kompas Rehab (Evening), celebrating our music
6) Sunday 5/20: The most anticipated event this years the "Water Festival" aka the annual "Splashing In Miami" Pool Party
7) Monday 5/21st: The "Flags & Foam" Day Party